30 January, 2018
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Grilled vegetable salad is a fresh, healthy and very tasty dish, which could be served as a separate dish or be a perfect garnish for meat, fish or poultry. And it very delicious with roasted leg of lamb from our collection of recipes. Recipe is here.
You may to cook vegetables for this salad in the oven or on outdoor grill. The more different colors of vegetables you will to use, the more bright and beautiful grilled vegetable salad you will get. The taste of this salad could be more interesting if you’ll add to the dressing a bit of balsamic vinegar or Worcestershire sauce.
Grilled vegetable salad video
Ingredients (for 3-4 portions):
- 3-4 medium sized zucchini
- 2 large eggplants
- Couple of ripe tomatoes
- 2 large paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dry or fresh thyme to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing
Let’s get started!!!
- Preheat the oven up to 200°C or 392°F. For this you could to use grill regime in your oven or outdoor grill as well.
- Rinse all vegetables and dry with paper towels. Cut tomatoes, zucchini and eggplants in halves. Place all vegetables on a grill rack with the oven tray below, if you gonna to bake them in the oven. Make cross cuts on the zucchini and eggplants flesh. Mix thyme with olive oil and brush zucchini and eggplants with this mixture. Season all vegetables with black pepper and salt. Roast in the oven for 25-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and well browned all over.
- Let your grilled vegetables cool down a little bit and transfer to a wooden chopping board. Dice eggplants and zucchini. Remove skin from tomatoes and chop them. Deseed the peppers and finely cut the flesh. Transfer all chopped vegetables into a bowl. Now you could season chopped vegetables with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with olive oil, some vinegar and enjoy your grilled vegetable salad.
- But, I prefer to add finely sliced red onion, chopped greens, lettuce and chili pepper. After put everything into a large bowl, pour with extra virgin olive oil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desire, season with sea salt and black pepper, mix well and serve.
- This grilled vegetable salad has amazing taste and flavor and gonna be a perfect garnish for roast leg of lamb. Recipe is here.
Updated: Jan 30, 2018