31 January, 2018
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Roasted leg of lamb is a perfect choice if you want something tasty and unusual for your festive table. Incredibly juicy, with golden spicy crust and tender inside – I think this roasted leg of lamb one of the most delicious dish. And it looks amazing! So, roasted leg of lamb has big chance to become one of your favorite dishes for holiday dinner.
For a roast you have to choose the leg of a young lamb, not a baby lamb, and not a lamb that are too old. Take a look on the color of meat – it should be light pink; and color of fat – it should be white, not yellow.
You could garnish roasted leg of a lamb with boiled or baked potatoes or fresh vegetables. Grilled vegetable salad is one of delicious garnish for this roast. Recipe is here.
Roasted leg of lamb video
- 2-2,5 kilo or 5-6 pounds lamb leg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix of black, chili and white peppers (1 teaspoon of each) with 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10-12 cloves garlic, peeled and cut lengthwise in halves
- Some young potato for garnish
- 10 cherry tomatoes for decoration
Let’s get started!!!
- Grind mix of peppers and sea salt in a mortar. Add garlic and mix well.
- Rinse leg of lamb and dry with paper towels. Take a sharp knife and make short deep cuts all over the meat. In each cut put a piece of garlic with a bit of spice mixture. Flip the leg and continue on the other side. Put cilantro into a bowl with olive oil. Add the rest of spicy mixture. You may add fresh or dry thyme or rosemary as well. It will give an amazing flavor to the lamb. Mix all components well. Now rub all over the leg of lamb with this magic aromatic mixture. Leave it at the room temperature for about 20-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven up to 180°C or 356°F. Wrap leg of lamb with 2-3 layers, of aluminum foil and place on the oven tray. Don’t leave any halls, so all juices stays inside while cooking. Roast in the oven about 1 hour. In 1 hour remove tray from the oven and carefully unfold aluminum foil. Pour all over the leg of lamb with collected juices. Decorate with cherry tomatoes – fix them with the wooden skewers. Place tray with leg of lamb back to the oven for 10 minutes. And the one of the tastiest dishes in the World is ready!
- Place leg of lamb to the serving dish and garnish with boiled or roasted potato. Decorate to taste with some sliced jalapeno, cherry tomatoes and fresh greens. Grilled vegetable salad one of the delicious garnish for roasted leg of lamb.
Updated: Jan 31, 2018