3 June, 2017
Baked Stuffed Apples in Pastry
Baked stuffed apples in pastry – is a very tasty, healthy and interesting looks dessert. All your family and guests will enjoy it! You could replace apples with pears, plums or apricots. You could stuff apples with any kinds of your favorite nuts – walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans or hazelnuts.
In this recipe stuffed apples wrap in the pastry which doesn’t contain yeast and eggs, so it suitable for fasting. If you want to reduce calorie content – just bake apples without pastry. Pleasure guaranteed!
Ingredients for baked stuffed apples in pastry:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sunflower or olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
For stuffed apples:
- 8 medium sized apples
- 100 g (4 ounces) nuts (any, except peanuts)
- 3-4 tablespoons honey or any kind of jam
Let’s get started!!!
- Sift flour into a big bowl. Dissolve salt in the water, add vegetable oil and thoroughly mix. Pour mixture into a bowl with flour and knead pastry. At the beginning knead in the bowl with spatula. After place pastry on a floury table and continue to knead with hands. Knead pastry until it elastic and non sticky to the table and hands. Form pastry into a ball, coat with a bit of oil and leave for half hour at the room temperature. You could keep ready pastry in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Rinse apples and dry with paper towels. With the fruit knife or special knife scoop out the core from top of the apples. You could leaving a well or cut all the way thru. In first case you could bake apples without pastry.
- Chop with the knife or lightly grind nuts in the mortar or blender. Mix nuts with honey or jam. Now you could stuff apples which have a well. Other apples better to stuff after you roll out the pastry.
- Preheat the oven up to 180°C or 356°F. Split the pastry in two pieces. Roll out each piece in a square shape sheet 2-3 mm thick. Each sheet cut into four squares. Place one apple in the center of each square. Now you could stuff apples with tunnels. Wrap apples with the pastry and fix edges on top. Place apples on a covered with baking sheet oven tray and bake 20-30 minutes until evenly golden.
- Serve stuffed apples with honey, caramel syrup or vanilla ice cream.
Updated: Jun 3, 2017