Potato salad is one of the most common dishes in worldwide cuisines. It’s has boiled potatoes as a main ingredient. Easy to cook, this salad could be a perfect appetizer, side dish or one of the main dishes, depending from added ingredients.
Today’s potato salad recipe has Indian roots. Combination of traditional herbs and spices gives it bright and rich taste and flavor. This recipe perfect for vegetarian and fasting menu as well.
Video – Indian potato salad with green beans
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled with the skin on
- 1 medium sized carrot, boiled
- 8-10 fresh green beans
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 2-3 cm (about 1 inch) piece of ginger root, peeled
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh greens of mint and coriander
- ½ lemon, squeeze juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
Let’s get started!
- Peel potatoes and carrot. Dice tomato, potatoes and carrot on medium sized cubes. Place in a big bowl. Finely chop onion. Grate ginger on a medium grater. Remove seeds from the chili pepper and finely slice it. Put ginger, onion and pepper to the bowl with other vegetables.
- Smash garlic with flat side of knife and finely chop it. In a small pan bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Place green beans and cook about 5 minutes on a medium high heat. After remove beans from the water and cut each into 3 pieces. On a medium skillet heat sunflower oil on a medium high heat. Place garlic and fry about half minute. Then add boiled beans and slightly fry in 2 minutes.
- Add fried beans to the bowl with other vegetables. Put chopped greens and grated ginger. Pour lemon juice add salt to taste. Carefully mix and your Indian potato salad is ready to serve. It could be a perfect side dish for the chicken with cheese and mustard sauce (recipe is here).
Leave a Reply