9 April, 2017
Chicken with cheese and mustard sauce
Chicken with cheese and mustard sauce is the one of the recipes from my collection of quick, easy and incredibly tasty dishes. Sauce ingredients give this dish interesting flavor and taste. Try to cook chicken with cheese and mustard sauce and it might become one of your favorites.
You might use this cheese and mustard sauce for cooking not only chicken. It’s matching well with pork, veal, turkey or rabbit. So you could change chicken fillet in this recipe on other kind of meat. Everything depends from you preferences.
- 600 gr (about 1 1/3 pound) chicken fillet
- 200 ml (about ¾ cup) cream milk (30-35% fat)
- 70 ml (about 1/3 cup) white dry wine or cognac
- 100 gr (2½ ounces) blue cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Salt, ground black pepper to taste
Let’s get started!!!
- Preheat oven to 200°С or 392°F.
- Pour cream milk in a small stew pot. Place in a medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a minimum. Break blue cheese in small pieces and add to the cream milk. Constantly stirring with a spatula until cheese is dissolved. Remove stew pot from the heat, pour wine and add wholegrain mustard. Mix all ingredients well.
- Cut chicken fillet in halves. Place pieces of fillet between two layers of food film and lightly beat it with the meat mallet. Massage it a little bit with some salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil in a large frying pan on high heat and fry pieces of chicken about 2-3 minutes each side, until evenly golden.
- Put fillet in ovenproof dish and pour on top with cheese and mustard sauce. Bake in the oven about 10-15 minutes until sauce is bubbling and golden. That’s all! Quick and easy! Isn’t it?
- Chicken in cheese and mustard sauce might be served with boiled, baked or mashed potato, rice or potato salad (recipe is here).
Updated: Apr 9, 2017