Today we will cook delicious chicken liver pate with port wine. This chicken liver pate has a really gentle texture and mild taste and might be good starters in any time of the day in any season. And it pretty easy to cook.
- 500 g chicken liver, trimmed and cut into a big chunks
- 150-200 g (5-7 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 big onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, remove seeds and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh greens (parsley, coriander and dill), finely chopped
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) port wine
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Let’s get started!!!
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan. Lightly fry onion and garlic for a few minutes, until soft and tender. Add liver, fry for a couple of minutes on each side, until lightly golden. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place chopped greens and chili pepper into the pan and thoroughly mix. Pour port wine and mix well. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until alcohol flavor is evaporated.
- Place liver into a large bowl and with blender puree until smooth. Transfer mixture back to the pan, add chicken broth and cook for a few minutes until it becomes creamy and smooth consistency.
- Melt 100 g (about 4 ounces) butter in a small saucepan. Place chicken liver pate into a ceramic or glass serving bowl and pour over the clarified butter. Leave the pate to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve chicken liver pate with sliced and lightly toasted bread.