20 April, 2016
Stuffed potatoes recipe
Stuffed potatoes with minced meat baked in the oven it’s one of my favorite meal from a childhood. Easy to cook, but delicious and lovely family meal at the same time. Potatoes stuffed with meat might be a main dish on your festive table. In this recipe potato stuffing with meat, but, you could use any fillings as fish, mushrooms and cheese if desire
2 kg (2½ pounds) medium potatoes uniform size
500 g (~1 pound) minced meat (beef, pork or mix beef and pork)
1 big onion, peeled and finely chopped
½ cup of finely chopped fresh greens: mix of parsley, coriander, dill and thyme
Salt, ground black pepper to taste
200 ml (~1 cup) Greek yogurt or sour cream
3-4 gloves of garlic, minced
200 ml (~1 cup) water
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven up to 180° C or 356° F.
- Place minced meat, onion, greens (leave 2 tbsp of greens for sauce). Add salt and ground black pepper. Thoroughly mix together by hands.
- Sauce: Mix greens, garlic, yogurt and water in a blender, add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Peel potatoes and remove the inside with the potato spiral cutter (see photo). Keep raw peeled potatoes in a bowl with cold water, so it’s doesn’t becomes black.
- Stuff each potato with meat filling and put in a deep baking dish. Put potato spirals on top and add sauce.
- Bake stuffed potatoes in the oven 30-40 minutes until it becomes roasted.
- Serve stuffed baking potato warm with sauce, yogurt or sour cream. Garnish with greens or salad.
Updated: Apr 20, 2016