12 June, 2017
Grilled BBQ Pork Baby Back Ribs
Do you want tasty, fragrant baby back ribs with an appetizing crunchy crust, like in your favorite restaurant or pub? Then this recipe exactly for you! Due to slow cooking in dark beer at a low temperature, the meat becomes so tender. You and your family and guests will enjoy this dish.
Baby back ribs might be served with rice, potato, salads from fresh or baked vegetables and with pickles. Try to cook pork ribs with dark beer and maybe it will become one of your favorite meals.
- 2 kg (4½ pounds) pork baby back ribs
- 1 ½ liters (3 pints) dark beer
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ground nutmeg, dry thyme, ground black pepper, ground white pepper, oregano, coriander seeds, ground chili pepper (½ teaspoon of each)
Let’s get started!!!
- Rinse pork ribs and dry with paper towels. In a small bowl mix sea salt with all dry spices, except chili pepper. Crush garlic with press and add to the bowl. Add 2 teaspoons mustard and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and thoroughly mix. Massage well pork ribs with this mixture and leave at the room temperature for half hour.
- Preheat the oven up to 120°C or 248°F. Place pork ribs on the deep oven tray and pour with dark beer. Cook in the oven about 2-2,5 hours.
- In a bowl mix honey with the rest of mustard and soy sauce. Add chili pepper and thoroughly mix. Carefully remove tray with pork ribs from the oven. With silicone brush coat all pork ribs with honey-and- mustard mixture. Increase oven temperature to 200°C or 392°F. Bake about 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy. For this stage you could use grill function in the oven, if available, or your outdoor grill or smoker as well. It gives baby back ribs even more mouth-watering flavor and taste.
- Serve baked baby back ribs with potato, salads and pickles.
Updated: Jun 12, 2017