1 May, 2017
Apple Cake Recipe
Apple cake is one of most cozy recipes for homemade baking. It will fill your kitchen with fragrance of baked apples and spices. Soft and fluffy, with caramelized apples inside and with tasty crunchy crust…. delicious! This apple pie will disappear in few minutes.
For Apple cake batter:
- 300-350 g (2 ½-3 cups) all purpose flour
- 150 g (¾ cup) sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 120 g (½ cup) butter, softened at the room temperature
- 1 heaped tablespoon baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Butter and flour for baking shape
For Apple Cake filling:
- 750 g (1¾ pounds) fresh apples
- 250 g (½ pound) fresh pears
- 60 g (2 ounces) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons white cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 30 g (1 ounce) butter
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 ml (3 fluid ounces) brandy (or cognac, or whiskey, or rum)
- ½ lemon, squeeze juice
Apple cake video
Let’s get started!!!
- Wash, peel and core apples and pears. Finely slice pears and place in a wide deep plate. Mix together 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice, brandy, brown sugar and ground nutmeg. Pour mix on top of pears and carefully mix. Dice apples in medium sized cubes, put in a bowl and drizzle with the rest of lemon juice. Butter and flour the baking shape.
- Preheat oven up to 170°С or 338°F. Melt butter on a big pan on a medium heat. Put apples, grate cinnamon and add sugar. Mix well and fry about 10 minutes until apples lightly caramelized. Pour brandy and cook 2 minutes more. After place apples in a bowl. Add nuts.
- Choose big slices of pears for decoration. Small pieces add to the bowl with apple and nuts and thoroughly mix. Keep juice from the pears.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar. In large bowl whip butter with sugar, add eggs and syrup from pears. Gradually add flour. Batter should have a consistency of thick yogurt. Mix dough with apple filling and put in the baking shape. Decorate with pieces of pears and sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 50-70 minutes. Check readiness of cake with a dry wooden skewer.
- Lightly cool down on the cooling rack. Serve apple cake warm with ice-cream or vanilla sauce.
Updated: May 1, 2017